Advice from Jason Weimann (Game Developer)
Jason Weimann is a programmer and YouTuber. His YouTube channel focuses on giving advice for general game and Unity specific development. For this video the whole video has some very good points, his second and third points is very common for new game developers.
- 00:10 – Having Game Logic in UI
- 03:45 – Having giant classes
- 06:40 – Having everything be public
- 09:10 – Having setters with side effects
- 14:25 – Having giant prefabs
- 17:05 – Not using interfaces
- 20:45 – gnoring Garbage Collection
- 22:30 – Sharing and Feedback
You are welcome to watch the rest his discussion, but the first 5 rules are very valuable.