In this lesson we will focus on creating the main menu for our roguelike game. While I will make every effort to keep this unit is up to date you can always view the newest release of this project on its GitHub page. Remember this lesson assumes that you know some of the basics of Unity, things like creating projects will not be explained in this lesson.
- Create a new Unity Project.
- In the Hierarchy create a UI > Panel.See Image
- Rename the GameObject “Canvas” >> “MenuUI” and “Panel” >> “MainMenu”.See Image
- In the Hierarchy create a UI > Button under the “MainMenu”.See Image
- Rename the newly created Button to “StartButton”. Resize the Button‘s Width = 160 and Height = 50.See Image
- In the Hierarchy expand the Button and select the Text GameObject. While having the Button selected in the Inspector change the Text (Script) textbox to “START”.See Image
- In the Hierarchy create a UI > Text under the “MainMenu”.See Image
- Rename the newly created Text to “Title”. While having the Text selected in the Inspector change the Text (Script) textbox to “Your Game Title”.See Image
- Rearrange the “Title” Text and “StartButton” Button on the Scene to your preferred positions.See Image